Thread veins, also known as spider veins, affect all ages. They refer to small red or purple blood vessels that often resemble spiders’ webs, and are particularly prevalent amongst those with fair skin and those with rosacea. Fortunately, they can be removed quickly and easily using a form of microwave technology.
This process uses a small needle-like device attached to a machine. It allows our Skin Specialists to cauterise small red veins on the body and face, which often disappear instantly. With the assistance of numbing cream, it’s a virtually painless treatment that incurs no downtime. Those with thread veins on the face, legs, abdomen or other parts of the body display immediate improvement after treatment, making it a very gratifying procedure
Thread Vein Removal may form part of a broader plan for skin rejuvenation, as spider veins tend to appear more frequently in older people. This is due to the loss of elasticity of vein walls, which makes them dilate. This procedure can also be used to remove spider naevi and cherry angiomas, which are small vascular growths, as well as small telangiectasias, which occur due to the rupture or widening of small blood vessels in the legs, face and abdomen.
Veins on the face and body can be distressing due to their visibility. Luckily, this treatment can address all these concerns and restore clarity to affected areas.
Thread Vein Removal is a thermocoagulation treatment, which means that thread veins are exposed to high-frequency microwaves. The heat created by these microwaves destroys veins, which are then reabsorbed by the body over a period of time. As this therapy is confined to small areas of skin, it does not damage healthy, unaffected tissues.
Vascular imperfections may occur due to the loss of elasticity of the walls of the blood vessels or the weakening of these walls. They may also occur as a consequence of ageing, whereby the tissues lose firmness as a result of the decline in the production of collagen and elastin.
Thread Vein Removal involves the exposure of the affected part to high-frequency waves. These waves cause heating of the tissues due to which they are easily broken down or disintegrated. These broken-down tissues are later absorbed back into the body.
In some cases, new healthy tissues of capillaries may regrow at the site of treatment to restore the blood flow through the part. The body may also compensate for the loss of blood flow caused due to the removal of the veins by re-channelling the blood circulation through other veins of the same region. These natural bodily mechanisms help to restore the blood flow in the treated part.
Thread Vein Removal is suitable for the treatment of spider veins, cherry angioma, and Telangiectasias. Skin conditions like rosacea, red cheeks, red nose, rhinophyma, keratosis pilaris rubra facia, large nose veins, and large facial veins can also be managed successfully with the help of this therapy.
Thread Vein Removal is suitable for men and women who wish to reduce the appearance of dilated veins. Common indications include:
- Spider veins on the legs, face or abdomen
- Cherry angiomas
- Small telangiectasias
- Skin conditions such as rosacea, rhinophyma, keratosis pilaris or rubra facia
- Post-radiation veins
- Those who have developed spider veins due to heredity disposition, exposure to UV rays and hormonal imbalances
- Moles, milia, pimples, and skin tags can also be treated with this method
- Our experts will analyse your skin to determine the extent of spider veins alongside any other skin concerns that may be linked to the abnormal dilation of veins
- On the day of your procedure, we will first make sure your skin is free of any build-up, products and/or cosmetics
- A special numbing cream is then applied to the treatment sites
- A Skin Booster with highly concentrated, non-crosslinked hyaluronic acid (alongside any other needed ingredients) will be administered into the skin using a ‘point-by-point’ injection technique
- The product is administered evenly throughout the affected skin areas to ensure consistent delivery
- A cold compress is applied to the treated parts in order to to soothe the skin, and minimise redness and swelling
- You may resume normal activities immediately after the session is complete
How Many Are Needed?
Possible Side Effects
Thread Vein Removal usually works the best when administered in a series of 2 to 4 sessions spaced 4 to 6 weeks apart. Results may be instant in some areas but appear slowly and naturally in others, as the damaged vascular tissues begin the healing process.
Results are usually noticeable within 1 to 2 days of the first session and continue to improve with additional sessions.
Book A Consultation
Monday - Friday: 10am-8pm
T: +44 (0)203 322 5958
98 Crawford Street,
Pikes Hotel, Ibiza
Grote Market 32,